Explaining the FAQ and the Help Desk
On deviantART there are many ways to get answers for your questions about points, purchases, deviations, other deviants etc.! Two of these ways are the +faq
's and the +help
Now before you run to ask for help from the help desk (that on average takes 1-3 business days to respond, and longer during the Holiday Season), see if you can answer your question using the FAQ system at +faq
Be aware that searches may require different terms than just asking your question straight up. For example. If I was to ask:"Do Prints from TimberClipse have tax?"
I would get answers from many categories!
In which case, you will get just 3 FAQ's that will likely answer my question:FAQ #175: Is there tax on prints?
Try to take a keyword. In this case the word tax is the most important. If I was asking about the rules for Volunteers on deviantART (the people with the @ symbol), instead of searching for multiple terms, just search for the word "Volunteer"
desk is a way that you can contact the deviantART Support Team and get a quick answer! They answer over 3,000 questions every week from deviants, so if you ever need some help you can always ask here!
To do this: Go to the +help
page and click "Contact The Help Desk
Once you are there, chose your category! $ewm
recently wrote a post about where to submit, and during the Holiday Season it is extremely important to submit to the right areas as this will make it so your response can be much faster! (Sometimes as much as a week faster!)$ewm
posted:Help Desk Customer Service
- General Help, Bug ReportsMessage Network Administration
- Chatroom/Forum InquiryCopyright and Etiquette Administration
- Abuse Report(Harassment), Account Ban Appeal, Policy Inquiry, DMCA Copyright Infringement NoticeSubscription
- Subscription Inquiry(Premium Memberships + Points related questions)Prints
- My order has not arrived, My order has a problem, General prints order inquiry, General prints inquiry
deviantWEAR - deviantWEAR InquiryAdCast
- adCast Inquiry
Some general information:General Help
- This is where you can ask general questions. Bug Report
- Found a bug on deviantART? Screenshot it, and report it with as much detail as possible!Abuse Report
- Is a deviant harassing you or another person? You can report it here. You can also block this user in your settings. Subscription Inquiry
- Ask questions about Premium Memberships on deviantART here. General Prints l Order Inquiry
- Have a question about your prints shipment? Ask here!
deviantWEAR Inquiry - Ask questions about deviantART Products here.
Once you have chosen your category, add a subject to your message. Then write up all the details. Include as much information that is relevant as possible! Screenshots, Links etc. These all will get your question/issue answered//resolved faster!
Have a great Thanks Giving!
Other ways to get help
Besides checking the FAQ and before contacting the Help Desk, know that there are other places you can check to receive assistance or get an answer to your inquiry.
Should you require help with anything DA related, you can go to the #help
channel in dAmn and receive live assitance from an MN admin.
Before reporting a bug, be sure to visit ~Support
where you can check deviantArt's current status, see the issues already known by staff (and therefore already working on them) and check the Help Desk closures.
To close, there is also %devBUG
, just remember this group serve to receive bug reports related to the current Beta Testing project only!